Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Ideas

Ideas.
That's where it all starts, right?
This idea pops into your head and you have to drop everything to write it. Even if it means dropping out of the world and locking yourself in your studio for days at a time. Unless I'm traveling, this pretty much sums up my life.

The one question I get from both my fellow authors and readers alike?
"Where do you get you ideas?"
I don't get them like I get a can of soup at the grocery store. They come to me. Sometimes too many at once. I write the ones that interest me the most, whether they are marketable or not. I am not the writer so much as the conduit.





The idea can come to me when I mistakenly hit another shopping cart with my own in the supermarket. Or sometimes I don't have a clear idea at all. I just sit down with a title in mind and I start to write.

Jim Harrison once said starting a novel before it's ready to be written is an exercise in futility and can be accompanied by the worst anxieties. I say, waiting too long to start a novel can be accompanied by the worst anxieties.

Open up your mind, relax, and let the ideas comes to you.

WWW.VINCENTZANDRI.COM

Pre-order THE EXTORTIONIST today at a special low price...It's the best Steve Jobz PI novel yet, or so says Siskel and Ebert!


No comments:

Post a Comment