Saturday, October 26, 2019

A Brilliant Performance of Primary Termination




Because that's what the audio version truly is. Not just someone reading the from the book, but actually making it come alive. Performing the story, as it were.

The narrator for my latest novel (or the novel of the month anyway...Ha-Ha), Primary Termination, is Lisa Ware. In my humble opinion, Lisa captured the true essence of Tanya Teal in her portrayal of the book's protagonist/heroine. Just enough spunk mixed with just enough guts and humanity to make her seem both real and someone you'd most definitely want on your side should a mega corporation like Everest dot com, and its AI, truly come to run our lives one day.

Without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the narrator of Primary Termination, Lisa Ware:

 


Let me start by saying what a pleasure it is to be narrating Primary Termination for Vincent Zandri! His Thrillers never disappoint, and his dip into the Dystopian genre is no exception. I am honored to lend a voice to Tanys Teal and help bring the war with the Everest Corporation to the masses. At what cost would you take a worry-free life?

      Producing an audiobook is quite an experience and undertaking. One must have the proper equipment, the proper location, the proper training, and the proper mentality. Most narrators are on the – um – eccentric side. Some of us are downright batty! Makes for great characters. . .

      I've recorded a quick bit of me in the booth if anyone is curious about the process (yes, I have a stuffed dog sitting on top of my microphone). View that here → https://youtu.be/OFysIcbKa7g.

      Before I even consider stepping into the booth to record, there is a ton of prep to do. The book must be read through at least once to gain familiarity and to mark up the text with any notes. This allows me to get to know the characters and helps to mold my performance. Now I can match the author's intent and keep the story flowing. There is a short dive at the beginning to make sure narrator and author are on the same page and then it's right into the deep end – all in, baby!

      Once the recording if completed, it is then edited and proofed. I'll re-record any errors or glitches – of which there will be many, because we all make mistakes – and then the project is mastered/engineered. After all that, the audio is uploaded and we wait for ACX to do their thing and gt the final product up on the (virtual) sales.

      I cannot wait for everyone to join the war. I hope you all enjoy Primary Termination as much as I do!  

_____________________________

BTW I have some free promo Audio codes for Primary Termination for both US and UK audiences. All you gotta do is email me at Vazandri@vincentzandri.com and I can send one over to you. First come first serve while they last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment