Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Where's Vince Been?


Signing first editions at The Mysterious Bookshop last month. 


It's been way too long since I've blogged. But starting now, or in the new year at least, I'll try and get back to a much more regular schedule. Suffice to say I've been busy finishing up the biggest novel of my life, American Crimes, and at the same time, freelancing, and promoting my newest thriller, The Girl Who Wasn't There

There's been some signings, and radio, but for the most part Covid has kept a appearances at a bare minimum. Distribution was a little wonky at first too. Later on I found out that this pandemic has caused three of the world's major printers to go belly up. Taken along with the consolidation of yet another two major publishing houses and I see the rapid destruction of traditional publishing happening right before our very eyes. 

My recent visit to NYC to sign books at the Mysterious Bookshop took my breath away. Nothing but, For Sale and For Rent signs, boarded up buildings, and lots of vagrants in the street. When it takes you only about 7 minutes to get from 34th and 7th to the Battery (or close to it anyway), you know something is drastically wrong. 

But I still have hope we will all bounce back from this thing one way or another. But the world, the publishing world for certain, will be very different. I think it will become much more of a writer sells directly to consumer kind of thing. One bookstore per week is going out of business on average. At this rate, there won't be any left if congress doesn't step in an do something. 

I'm not holding my breath. 

Merry Christmas all!!!!

WWW.VINZANDRI.COM






No comments:

Post a Comment