Wednesday, May 12, 2010

MOONLIGHT FALLS to Get MOB FLASHED Tonight at 9 EST!!






It's now six months since the release of Moonlight Falls. Six months and my sales are not only going strong, they are increasing as my global audience grows. Virtual tours and social media blitzs have definitely helped the cause. So have the efforts of my indy publisher, RJBuckley. So much so that I have signed a new deal with a larger, medium-sized publisher for a new book The Remains (see how that works?). But all marketing efforts aside, it's the book that has sold itself. What's the attraction to Moonlight Falls? No one, as far as I know, as been prepared for the ending. No one, no matter how astute a reader, has been able to guess the "Who Dunnit" of the story. The answer doesn't reveal itself, until the last page, so for those who are about to read, no cheating!

If Moonlight Falls had been published by one of the major houses that published my previous books, it would already be off the big chain store shelves. Many of the independents would have made their "unsold book" returns as well. But because this is electronically based publishing (E-Book and POD Trader Paper), I'm still in the game and will be for years and years to come. In a word folks, indy publishing is the gift that keeps on giving.

In keeping with the new world publishing order, I've been keeping up with the blogs of thriller writer JA Konrath who has become the Messiah of Indy publishing. While his model is the self-published one and mine, the traditional submission/acceptance model, I nonetheless see myself seeing the light in his writing and publishing philosophy, and it's only a matter of time until I upload one of my unpublished manuscripts onto Kindle. Yup, for the first time ever, I will self publish my own novel. There, I said it. The novel is a dark suspense thriller called DEAD MAN, which I've recently been Tweeting.

Stone House Ink, is convinced they can make The Remains an E-Book bestseller, and I believe them. After all, making bestseller lists is often a self-fulfilling prophecy on the part of the publisher. In preparation for its release in early to mid June of 2010, I'm going to take a cue from my boy Konrath and offer up a FLASH MOB sell-off of Moonlight Falls in order to up the Amazon ranking to perhaps the top 500...Looking to take part in what amounts to a kind of fun experiment? If so log onto the superstore site at 9PM tonight EST and click on a Kindle or even buy a paperback (see the link below). Then join in on the discussion of whodunnit. I guarantee no one will know the answer until getting to that crucial final page. Anyway who does guess (and we're going on the honor system here people!), will get a free autographed copy of the novel....

Want to see more of what Moonlight Falls is about?
Check out the film noir Trailer:

Then, if you like what you see, and ONLY if you like what you see, perhaps log onto Amazon at 9 tonight EST and buy up a copy of the book. It will blow you away and then some. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment