Saturday, July 16, 2011

"Glazier's" Bri Clark is my Guest Blogger

"Bri Clark's stunning new release."



Bri Clark and I have got a thing going.
Ok, get your mind out of the gutter. It's a kind of brother and sister thing. Not Donny and Marie though. More like Angelina Jolie and her bro...you know, the one she French kissed on TV some years back. Bri and I support one another in our writing, our dreams, our various domestic crises (notice the descriptive plural here), and in what it simply takes to lead a life that's just a little bit more extraordinary than the garden variety work-TV-bed; work-TV-bed; work-TV-bed...

Despite her youth and enthusiasm, Bri has packed more years into a quarter century than most people will in a lifetime. Therefore, she lives for the now and doesn't waste a moment on something that is going to suck the energy out of her and waste her time. She has plenty of love to give but you gotta keep up with her in order to spread it evenly.

In her new novel, Glazier, Bri exorcises some old demons and in doing so, provides her fiction with an energy and uniqueness that is rarely experienced in the more formulaic bovine scat that's being dished out by your fave legacy publisher.
In a word, Bri is Bri, and I'm glad I know her, and will continue to get to know her as the decades pass.

Ok, sis, the audience is yours...But first a kiss....


Publishing a book, especially your first, is comparable to bipolar manic depression. Now I want to be sure and let everyone know that I do have experience with this disease and don’t mean any disrespect. People I care about provided the experience to make a statement like that. Often times you hear this comment from people with this disorder “the highs are high and when you fall…well the lows are real low.” Anyone who is in this industry can identify with that…well anyone with honest sense that is.

What spurred this mildly graphic comparison of a book release and a mood disorder? Glazier the novel of my heart and pain in my arse for the last three years. Glazier is my first novel…and needless to say holds a sacred standing. When I wrote her, she was my healing balm in a very difficult but pivotal time in my life. (Kind of like The Remains was for Vincent) In fact, I loved her so much the only person I even told was my husband. This in itself shows the importance of her. Because I’m definitely a woman who puts it all out there.

After, draft, draft, draft, query, query, query, rejection, rejection, rejection I had really hit a low. Good friends though had found out and offered support. Eventually we moved to Boise ID and that’s when it all started to fall into place. I had a book club critique it and while the words were comparable to bleeding in your very soul they were valuable and oh so priceless.

Feeling like I was headed up another high I attended the first Idaho Book Extravaganza where I met my most handsome host Mr. Vincent Zandri, made some amazing contacts but best of all learned…and learned useful information.

A year after the 2010 IBE I will attend as a published author, professional book reviewer, social media, and blog and author platform consultant as well as contributing to a panel. I have not only one but two publishers I work with/for. Stone House Ink/Stone Gate where V and I both reside and Astraea Press who published Glazier.

Now that Glazier has released I finally feel like I can level off. As if now, my life can come to a happy medium. In reality, it probably won’t happen and honestly, I thrive on chaos. With two more books to write and release this year plus my upcoming blog tour with Pump It Up Books for Glazier in September I honestly am expecting some more highs and say bring it on hun!

Links

Glazier Buy Link http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005CQ5W96

Belle Blog http://briclarkthebelleofboise.blogspot.com/

Facebook http://www.facebook.com/TBriClark/posts/1898090655297?ref=notif&notif_t=feed_comment#!/TBriClark

Twitter Bri_Clark

Glazier Blurb

Marie Kincaid is devastated after losing her family in a violent crash…so she runs. One morning, she awakes in an infirmary with total memory loss and a new power: Glazier. The cold frozen mists of Glazier’s instincts enable Marie to embark on a new life free of pain but most importantly free of the past. Heightened senses, accelerated strength,speed, and learning abilities make Marie a perfect candidate to be a spy…also a perfect companion for Henry Tenison, the only other known Glazier.

Henry, a loner and proud rogue finds his world upended when his connection to Marie is forged. Unsure of how to progress, he endeavors to keep it strictly professional. As far away missions and romantic surroundings entice him into pursuing his deeper desires, he caves. However, Marie’s love changes everything.

Determined to free them both of the spy world and the hold Glazier has over their lives, Henry implements a plot to disappear. However, when things become dangerous in their latest mission and memories of Marie’s past surface suggesting another man…will Henry’s efforts come too late? If Marie remembers her past, will she still want their future?

5 comments:

  1. Love the comparison. Love the book. May you continue to enjoy the highs - I know there will be many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bi-polar manic depression! LOL!! Love it. No wonder I've been feeling so crazy lately. Great post, Bri! Can't wait to read Glazier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Bri! Great post. Wish you lots of sales on Glazier! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kay thank you for your kinds words and loving enthusiasm.
    @Meg Thanks I couldn't help myself. It was such a great metaphor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally I wanted to think my brother...ahem...V. You know if you keep speaking so sweet I may have to show up here as a guest more often.

    ReplyDelete