Thursday, June 16, 2011

Some Days You Just Gotta Write....

"Write as well as you can, with no eye on the market."--Ernest Hemingway




...And today is one of those days.
After a week of events, marketing ops, meetings with agents and pubs and even Amazon and Google, I have a novel to complete, or let's face it, I'll be out of a job.

Which brings up a HUUUUUGGGGEEEE point (that HUGE thing is me imitating car salesman and villain, Billy Fuscillo, in my digital short, MOONLIGHT MAFIA)...despite the blogs, despite the social networks, despite the virtual tours, despite your Amazon rank, despite the Iphone or Blackberry, despite everything that has everything to do with your books but that also keeps you away from your craft, you must eventually sit down and write.

Which is what I need to do today and tomorrow in order to complete MURDER BY MOONLIGHT...

I hope you decide to work as hard as you can at your writing too...And if you're not a writer, I just hope you plain work hard and enjoy it as much as I do.

Cheers,
Vin
P.S. THE INNOCENT is back on sale all month long...Grab the Top Ten Amazon Bestseller Today!

4 comments:

  1. Well put Vin. I'm off to work some more on the second book in my novelette series.

    P.S. Got my copy of Innocent. Hoping to get a chance to read it before meeting you at ThrillerFest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am looking forward to more of your writings. Just finished Concrete Pearl and am re-reading it so I can write a good review. It was great and reminded me of being a girl in a man's world. (I used to work in electronics.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Cyn
    That's very sweet of you....
    :)
    Vin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll hit the 20K mark today if it kills me :-) I #amwriting, too.

    ReplyDelete