Thursday, October 7, 2010

Wrongly Accused!


"GETTING CAUGHT IS SIMPLY NOT AN OPTION!"





Have you ever been wrongly accused for something? Ever since I was a little kid,
I've been fascinated with the subject. Case and point: one Christmas eve my parents accused me of opening a gift before Christmas morning arrived. My dad was big stickler on that. No opening of gifts until after church on Christmas day. I recall both my parents flanking me and asking me in that accusatory tone, "Did you or did you not open that gift?" A boy of no more than 7 I stared at the black doctor's kit and I tried to recall: had I in fact torn away the paper and opened it? I most certainly did not I decided. And I proceeded to plead my case to my parents who weren't having any of it. They were convinced I'd done it and not my older sisters who could do no wrong. I was spanked and sent to my room.

Ok this isn't me having an Oprah moment. Parents aren't perfect and neither were mine. And God knows there are plenty of times that I suck watching over my brood! But that's the first time I can recollect being taught a very valuable lesson about being a member of the human race: Life ain't fair!

Years later I would put that lesson to work in my first full-length commercial thriller, The Innocent. It's about a prison warden, Keeper Marconi, wrongly accused of aiding and abetting the escape of a convicted cop killer. When that cop killer shows up murdered, Marconi must now face an accusation of murder one! What's he do to free his name? He does what any man who discovers everyone whom he ever trusted on God's earth is not who they seem. He goes on the lamb and breaks the law in order to do what's right.

I guess false accusations hit a sore spot with lots of people, because The Innocent is currently in the Top 40 for Hot New Releases on Amazon and also a Hard-Boiled bestseller. It's only been out for 5 days. I hope you pick it up and read it. Maybe then you'll realize that life isn't fair. But you'll also come to know that payback is a bitch!

To order The Innocent punch your clicker here!
To order the bestseller, The Remains, clicky here!



No comments:

Post a Comment